Andora's Folly // Book Review

Monday, August 7, 2017

   Hi followers,

A while back I finished beta reading Abigayle Claire's fantastic novella!!  I told Abi I would do a review of her tale.  ;) 

My Rating: 4 Stars

Andora is a beautiful young woman with insatiable curiosity. Raised in splendor, she is spoiled by her privileged life. When a love letter is slid under her door, Andora’s father seizes his chance to settle a score with the lover’s family. His plan rests on one thing: Andora’s folly.

As Andora begins to fall into her parents' trap for revenge, she has only her new-found wisdom as a peasant's wife to right the chain of events that have the power to sabotage her entire village forever.  

- The setting.  Oh my goodness!!  This story took place in medieval England.  I felt like I was really there!! 

- The mystery. This story kept me interested the whole time! 

- The old tale feeling.  This story reminded me of Tangled and Beauty and the Beast a few times.  Like not being allowed to go somewhere and learning to love someone.  :)

- The romance.  It more romance than what I'm used to.  I don't want to give away any spoilers but basically two people learn to love each other and I thought the book gave a little too much detail of their love.  This might not be a conviction for anybody else but it was for me. 
 
- Things were a bit hard to understand.  It was a little confusing at times but I think I did read it fast at the end because I wanted to find out what happened.  xD  I think I'll try to reread it some time.  This is definitely a book where you have to go back to past sections and reread them to help fit all the puzzle pieces together!

Andora's Folly is available on to buy on kindle HERE

So....have you read Andora's Folly?  Did you like it??  Have you read Abi's other book Martin Hospitality?  

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture at the top of this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE did you get it???!!! This looks like a cool book! Great job Abigayle! I hope it does well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually a picture that is supposed to be a Andora that the author got from someplace.

      You would definitely like this book, Erica!! You should read it!!

      Delete
  2. Where can you buy this book???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy it only on Kindle on Amazon. :)

      Delete
  3. Well I have a kindle how much is it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link to buy it is above in the post.

      Delete

I would really appreciate it if you commented! I won't know if you've read the post unless you comment.

Please don't comment anything inappropriate or unpleasing to the Lord. But don't hesitate to share your opinions.

Also, I will not publish Anonymous comments unless they have a name signed at the end of them. :)

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top