5 Reasons to Participate in Camp Nano Wrimo

Monday, March 27, 2017
 

    Hi followers,

    Camp Nano Wrimo is just around the corner.  For y'all who don't know what that is...it's basically a online "camp" where you are set in a "cabin" with other writers.  It's kind of like a warm-up for Nano Wrimo, which is in November. ;)  I'm going to be returning to my first love Keena.  She was my very first real book ever!  I was inspired to write this because of my awesome friends Erica and Miss B.  I have deserted it for the most part until now!  I know I am trying to be in the process of publishing Kindred Spirits but I'm waiting and letting a friend edit it for now.  xD  But anyway...I'm super excited!  If you have heard of Camp Nano Wrimo and are not sure if you want to jump on the bandwagon...here are a few reasons to give it a try.
 

1) You can do whatever you want
You can write or even edit!  Not in the mood for a novel?  You can even write poetry, a play or music!!  The possibilities are endless!!

2) You set your own word goals
If you did Nano Wrimo you know that you have to write a full novel, which is at least 50,000 words.  The nice thing about Camp Nano Wrimo is that you don't have to write a full novel.  You don't even have to measure your progress by words...you could can even do it by lines or pages! 

3) You are set in an awesome support group
You are set in an online "cabin" where you can chat with other writers in your similar age, genre and word count goal.  Want to be in a private cabin with select friends?  You can do that too! 

4) It will help you get out of your boundaries
This is an awesome time to get back to that old novel, begin revising or start something new!  Maybe something's holding you back...Camp Nano Wrimo will help you get past writing block!

5) It's so much fun
I have to say that this is the most important!  Who would not want to be challenged with other writers?  Basically, you can do whatever you want at Camp Nano Wrimo.  Don't just stick around at your cabin - Do fun blog posts.  Watch fun movies to inspire you.  Set up chat groups.  Visit new blogs.  Share about your new novel. 

     Here are a few pictures I took at the park for fun.  They remind of real camp.  Too bad Camp Nano Wrimo isn't at a real camp with a pond. :( (I love ponds so much) xD



 

 



  So guys....what do y'all think?  Are you doing Camp Nano Wrimo?  What are you excited about?

   In Christ,
   Lilly Shyree :)
   

8 comments:

  1. I'm doing Camp NaNo! I'm doing it all alone without a cabin, but it's so much fun anyway that I don't really care. My word count goal is 50,000 words. :)
    thefloridsword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that park! The pond is always so pretty.
    I am doing Camp, but I'M NOT READY!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying it for the first time this year (= It seems fun, and it seems like a lot of people have been blogging about it! I've just been on the site trying to understand it a bit better. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, lol. The people in my first cabin were a bit rude, so I opted out. Now I'm just waiting to be placed in a new cabin! :P

      Delete
    2. Gray, that's so sad. :( I hope you get a good cabin!!

      Delete
  4. I am doing Camp Nana with Lilly! I am so blessed to be in a cabin with such an awesome writer. :) <3 I can't wait until it starts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really interesting. I'm definitely going to check this out. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would really appreciate it if you commented! I won't know if you've read the post unless you comment.

Please don't comment anything inappropriate or unpleasing to the Lord. But don't hesitate to share your opinions.

Also, I will not publish Anonymous comments unless they have a name signed at the end of them. :)

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top